Have you ever felt like you can’t take notes fast enough in class? Or you can’t seem to keep your eyelids open in lecture?!?
Then It’s time we FIX THAT PROBLEM! The solution is my top secret to getting perfect scores as a student and I am going to share it with you right now! Trust me, you simply can not afford to miss this vid!
The key Point to take away from this episode is that REPETITION IS KEY!!!!
1. Go to class!
2. Pay attention and Take notes as much as you possibly can! (I like to print out the lecture powerpoint slides and take notes directly on the slides.)
3. RECORD LECTURE while taking notes in class!
4. Listen to your recorded lecture within 24 hours of recording it. Don’t fall behind in listening to your recorded lectures!! It will be disastrous😡!
5. TAKE notes again while listening to the recorded lecture! Pause and rewind as often as you need to in order to ensure you truly understand what your professor is saying.
6. Keep in mind that any given 1-hour recorded lecture can take up to 2-3 hours to listen to and take notes from. However, this is a good thing because REPETITION IS KEY!!! By the end of the 3 hours, you’ll understand and know everything taught in that lecture and you’ll have a solid foundation for thorough comprehension of the next day’s lecture💪🏾.
7. Study primarily from the notes you took in class and the notes you took from listening to your recorded lecture. Use you textbook as a reference to better understand lecture topics that are still challenging for you,
8. If you have additional time, read the relevant textbook chapters prior to your exam.
9. Last, but not the least, I also included a detailed discussion of my note-taking routine within the video. [You’re welcome 🙃.]
As promised in the video, below are my 2 fav methods for recording lecture.
2. NOTABILITY APP for Ipad, iphone, and apple computers.
I hope you found this video useful. If you like my content, please do share my videos and my blogsite with your friends so that we can spread the good word and diversify the field of medicine!
To all my mentees and subbies, YES ALL 1,484 of you guys, THANKS YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for watching, commenting, and sharing my videos! You have no idea how much I love and appreciate you❤️! Look how much we’ve grown guys!!!. The last time I posted a video we were 970-strong, now we are almost 1500-members strong!!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! You are awesome! XOXOXO.
Please comment below! Ask me a question! Subscribe to my blog site and my youtube channel! We will talk all about life as a premed student/medical student/resident, how I thrived in medical school, and my life journey towards becoming a physician. And of course there will be plenty of tips and tricks disclosed!
Please feel free to contact me anytime!!! MY HEART AND MY DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN. At the very bottom of the page is my social media contact info.
Imperfectly Me. Dr. Jay